“I’m always taken aback when people write with powerful eloquence and flair. Like when I hear the first bars of music from a song, I could tell this was going to be a wonderful book from the very first page.” Annie Lennox
West Sussex-based Vanessa Branson tells the story of one of Britain’s most extraordinary and famous families – her own.
Creating one of Africa’s important art events, the Marrakech Biennale, forging a career in the male dominated art world, becoming an accidental hotelier and travel entrepreneur and leading conservation work in Scotland and beyond: Vanessa Branson’s life would have been eventful enough even without a billionaire in the family, her brother Richard. In conversation with Anthony Horowitz, Vanessa takes us through her family’s experience of the first and second world wars, the rough and tumble of a village childhood, from Cool Britannia and beyond. One Hundred Summers weaves a tapestry of English eccentrics, heroes, lovers and villains, and is a touching and at times heart-breaking reverie on fortune, fate and passion.
Vanessa Branson will be in conversation with Anthony Horowitz.
Vanessa Branson (photo: Leila Aloui)
- Vanessa Branson will take live questions from our online audience.
- Literary events are live streamed (with the exception of James Naughtie and Joanna Trollope) and will include Q&A from the online audience.
- During the live literary events, questions may be submitted by typing them into the Q&A box on the Petworth Festival website. Viewers will still be able to watch the event while submitting questions, which will be relayed in real time to the speaker/interviewer. Please note, this may only be done while the event is live.
- If you are unable to watch the live-streamed Literary events, the recording of each Literary event will be available to view online from the following day, using a viewing token, until midnight 7 November.
- Signed copies of books featured will be available from The Petworth Bookshop, The Old Bakery, Golden Square, Petworth. Tel: 01798 342082 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org