Lev Parikian is an absolute natural fit for Petworth and the Festival: a professional conductor and a lover of the natural world... Why Do Birds Suddenly Disappear is a story about birds, family, music, nostalgia, the nature of obsession and obsession with nature, whilst his latest book, Into the Tangled Bank, sets out to explore the many and particular ways that he and we experience the natural world – beginning face down on the pavement outside his home, then progressing to the garden, the wildlife reserve, the dark hills of Skye - and beyond. All in all, a celebration of our collective relationship with the natural world and what it might mean to be a nature lover in Britain today.
Lev Parikian is a writer, birdwatcher and conductor. Why Do Birds Suddenly Disappear was published in 2018. He lives in South London with his family, who are getting used to his increasing enthusiasm for nature. As a birdwatcher, his most prized sightings are a golden oriole in the Alpujarras and a black redstart at Dungeness Power Station.
- Lev Parikian will take live questions from our online audience.
- Literary events are live streamed (with the exception of James Naughtie and Joanna Trollope) and will include Q&A from the online audience.
- During the live literary events, questions may be submitted by typing them into the Q&A box on the Petworth Festival website. Viewers will still be able to watch the event while submitting questions, which will be relayed in real time to the speaker/interviewer. Please note, this may only be done while the event is live.
- If you are unable to watch the live-streamed Literary events, the recording of each Literary event will be available to view online from the following day, using a viewing token, until midnight 7 November.
- Signed copies of books featured will be available from The Petworth Bookshop, The Old Bakery, Golden Square, Petworth. Tel: 01798 342082 Email: email@example.com