A Petworth favourite joins us to talk about his latest excursion into Victoriana: his in-depth look at the life and work of Charles Dickens. As ever, Wilson goes beyond standard narrative biography and brilliantly revisits the wellspring of Dickens’ vast and wild imagination, revealing why his novels have such instantaneous appeal and why they continue to resonate today. He also uncovers the double standards of both the man and his times.
A N Wilson grew up in Staffordshire and was educated at Rugby and New College, Oxford. A Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, he is a prolific and award-winning biographer and celebrated novelist.
- A N Wilson will take live questions from our online audience.
- Literary events are live streamed (with the exception of James Naughtie and Joanna Trollope) and will include Q&A from the online audience.
- During the live literary events, questions may be submitted by typing them into the Q&A box on the Petworth Festival website. Viewers will still be able to watch the event while submitting questions, which will be relayed in real time to the speaker/interviewer. Please note, this may only be done while the event is live.
- If you are unable to watch the live-streamed Literary events, the recording of each Literary event will be available to view online from the following day, using a viewing token, until midnight 7 November.
- Signed copies of books featured will be available from The Petworth Bookshop, The Old Bakery, Golden Square, Petworth. Tel: 01798 342082 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org